Bachelor of Arts (Honours) - Gender Studies - Second Degree Honours Candidates (QAY) at Queen’s University : Tuition Fee: $50,926.00 CAD / Year (Scholarship Available)
This degree is for those students who are currently completing/ have completed a first undergraduate degree and are interested in beginning a second undergraduate degree at Queen’s.
The undergraduate program in Gender Studies at Queen’s offers courses in feminist, anti-racist, Indigenous, postcolonial, queer, transgender, and social justice studies. Students learn about the histories of different forms of oppression, engage with popular culture, and critically analyze everyday events. From research papers and blogs, to presentations and creative productions, students work on meticulous research, clear and thoughtful writing, creative expression, and public speaking. The program's courses span the arts and social sciences to produce a truly interdisciplinary program, one that prepares students for a broad range of careers.
Top 5 Reasons to study Gender Studies:
- Students can embrace an intersectional approach to gender as it connects to experiences of race, sexuality, class, nation, and ability.
- Students will gain transferable skills for the job market: writing, critical thinking, research, public speaking, and creative production.
- Students will explore how structures of power, privilege, and oppression shape current events and pop culture.
- Students will learn tools to advocate for systemic change in light of current social and political realities.
- Students will challenge the status quo and engage in social justice work both locally and globally.
Note: Students in this program are eligible for the Queen’s Undergraduate Internship Program (QUIP) which provides 2nd or 3rd year students with a 12-16 month work experience. The internship normally occurs following the student’s third year of study, after which the student completes the final year of the honours degree. The internships are paid, professionally supervised, career-related positions offering students the opportunity to learn about current advances, practices, and technologies in business and industry.