Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Biology (QS) at Queen’s University : Tuition Fee: $50,926.00 CAD / Year (Scholarship Available)
There has never been a more exciting time to study Biology, with subjects ranging as broadly as climate change and the conservation of biodiversity, the origin and evolution of life, the form and function of organisms, and the ongoing “omics” revolution at the molecular level.
This program emphasizes interactive learning with hands-on laboratories, small senior seminar modules and field courses. The department also offers opportunities for field study around the globe — from Argentina to Africa.
Top 5 Reasons to study Biology:
- SWEP jobs provide students with true research opportunities, and start after first year.
- QUBS: an off-site field station that provides students with opportunities to learn hands-on from their environment.
- Courses are focused on cutting-edge topics in biology.
- Students will interact closely with professors in class and during many events held throughout the year.
- Students can apply for an internship, with specific jobs for all types of biological study and research.
Note: Students in this program are eligible for the Queen’s Undergraduate Internship Program (QUIP) which provides 2nd or 3rd year students with a 12-16 month work experience. The internship normally occurs following the student’s third year of study, after which the student completes the final year of the honours degree. The internships are paid, professionally supervised, career-related positions offering students the opportunity to learn about current advances, practices, and technologies in business and industry.