Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Life Sciences (QS) at Queen’s University : Tuition Fee: $50,926.00 CAD / Year (Scholarship Available)
The Life Sciences program at Queen’s University is one of their largest Bachelor of Science degree Plans on campus. It is in high demand by students who wish to pursue careers in biomedical research and health care focusing on human life. The Life Sciences plan offers courses ranging from human anatomy and physiology to the bacteria and viruses that compromise organ function to the cells that give rise to carcinomas and to the drugs that are used to cure us from infection and disease.
Maclean’s Canadian Universities Guidebook cited Life Sciences at Queen’s as a Standout Program, having strength in “the integration of basic health sciences with natural and physical science.” Students are drawn to the strengths of the program, which include their ability to explore specific interests in Cancer Biology, Cardiorespiratory Sciences, Drug Development and Human Toxicology or Neurosciences.
Top 5 Reasons to study Life Sciences:
- Preparation for a career in healthcare or biomedical research.
- Cutting edge research in drug development and human toxicology, cancer biology, genetics, reproduction, microbiology, experimental medicine, and neuroscience.
- The internship program (QUIP) offers a range of careers to explore and companies to learn from.
- Summer research (SWEP) assistant positions with professors.
- Home to the Cancer Research Institute, the Centre for Neuroscience Studies, and the Cardiac, Circulation, and Respiratory Group.
Note: Students in this program are also eligible for the Queen’s Undergraduate Internship Program (QUIP) which provides 2nd or 3rd year students with a 12-16 month work experience. The internship normally occurs following the student’s third year of study, after which the student completes the final year of the honours degree. The internships are paid, professionally supervised, career-related positions offering students the opportunity to learn about current advances, practices, and technologies in business and industry.