Extended Accelerator - Bachelor of Fine Arts - Art at University of Illinois at Chicago: Tuition: $43,000.00 USD/year (Scholarship Available)
Extended Accelerator Program (EAP) combines language, culture and academics to give students a deep understanding of life in and out of the American classroom and includes personalized English-language instruction and tutoring.
As a student in the Extended Accelerator, you’ll get:
- A contextual curriculum that mixes language, culture and academics
- Exclusive access to a course focusing on life in the U.S. and in the local community
- A full year’s worth of college credits
- Extensive English-language tutoring, academic advising and student support
- Personalized English-language support specific to the classes you take
The School of Art and Art History prepares students to enrich and transform the world through their creativity and vision. Students are encouraged to immerse themselves in an interdisciplinary program that explores the social, conceptual, and aesthetic possibilities of art. Central to UIC's approach are studio courses with internationally renowned faculty that engage students in independent research and encourage the development of significant creative work. Studio courses utilize an array of media, including drawing, painting, photography, moving image, new media arts, performance, and sculpture. In addition to studio courses, students participate in seminars that interrogate the practice and theory of contemporary art.
The Art major is designed to offer an interdisciplinary experience that mirrors contemporary cross-media art practices. Art majors have the flexibility to choose to concentrate in one of four areas (New Media Arts, Moving Image, Photography, and Studio Arts) or steadily pursue coursework in all media throughout their four years.
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Grade 12 / High School
- Min GPA: 63.0%
- English Proficiency Requirements:
For direct admission, applicant must be from an English speaking country or meet either of the following English test scores:
- Health Insurance Fee: $1,140 per year
- Student Fees: $2,038 per year
- Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment Fee: $452 per year
- Library and Information Technology Assessment Fee: $294 per year
** All fees are subject to change without notice