Master of Science - Social Work at Royal Holloway, University of London :Tuition Fee: £17,600.00 GBP / Year (Scholarship Available)
The MSc Social Work is an accelerated programme for applicants who already have a first degree and want to embark on a career in social work. This two year course, delivered at the Central London Campus, will fully prepare students for a professional career in social work.
This course runs in close partnership with social work and social care agencies and local authorities based in inner and outer London boroughs as well as neighbouring counties. Students will benefit from two practice learning placements – experiencing the world of social work first hand, learning from direct practice with qualified practitioners, service users, carers and other professionals. Practice based learning is integrated with college-based teaching and learning throughout the programme.
The combination of a taught and practice curriculum breaks down barriers between practice, policy and research, meaning students will emerge from the course as a critically reflective practitioner who can work for the most vulnerable in society within an anti-oppressive framework.
The Department of Social Work has a longstanding tradition of providing excellent social work education and training and has produced a wide range of research that has been highly influential in the development of social work practice.
On completion of the degree, students will have advanced knowledge of:
- Social work theories, psychology, social policy, law and organisational theories and their application to social work practice
- Skills and methods applicable in a wide range of social work environments, working with people across the lifespan
- Critical reflection and its application to critical social work practice
- The contribution and application of social research to social work theories and practice
- Values and ethics relevant to social work practice based on social justice
- The significance of inequalities and difference in working with organisations and social service users
- The significance of cultural diversity and anti-discriminatory practice in working with organisations, service users and carers
Royal Holloway MSc Social Work students benefit from the added value of Child Observation and Critical Reflection seminars.
See More +Less -
Original price $0.00 - Original price $0.00
Application fee: $0.00
$0.00 - $0.00
Current price Application fee: $0.00