GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE - ST. JAMES
Studying in downtown Toronto, students will live, learn and work in the heart of Canada’s biggest, most diverse economy. George Brown offers more than 160 career-focused certificate, diploma, postgraduate and degree programs - one of the widest ranges of full-time college programs in Canada. Most of their programs have a field education component which gives students a valuable opportunity to work and learn with industry partners who may even one day become their future employer.
St. James Campus is the home to the following George Brown College centres and schools:
- Centre for Business: School of Accounting & Finance; School of Human Resources; School of Management; School of Marketing
- Centre for Arts, Design & Information Technology: School of Media & Performing Arts
- Centre for Community Services & Early Childhood: School of Deaf & Deafblind Studies; School of Social & Community Services
- Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts: Chef School; School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Centre for Preparatory & Liberal Studies: School of English as a Second Language; School of Immigrant & Transitional Education; School of Liberal Arts & Sciences; School of Work & College Preparation
Why George Brown College - St. James
- Campus life: Meet new people, build networks and get involved with: ATHLETICS & RECREATION: Varsity sports, fitness centres and classes, drop-in sports and organized leagues; ENACTUS GEORGE BROWN: A volunteer entrepreneurial group that strives to improve local communities; PEERCONNECT: A student support service that runs activities, events, wellness initiatives and workshops; STUDENT CLUBS: More than 50 clubs based on field of study, personal interests and social movements; STUDENT LEADERSHIP ACADEMY (SLA): A student group that provides leadership training and volunteer opportunities; STUDENT ASSOCIATION OF GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE (SAGBC): A student organization - with an elected board of directors - that provides services and runs events
- Location: Love the city life? Want to study in downtown Toronto? George Brown College’s location gives students access to top employers for field education and networking opportunities. It also means they'll get to enjoy other perks of going to school downtown, including being close to great cafes, restaurants, shopping, and Toronto attractions. The three campuses — Casa Loma, St. James and Waterfront — are all easily accessible by public transit and surrounded by bike lanes as part of Toronto’s cycling network.