UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM - KAPLAN
Located in the UK's second largest city, the University of Birmingham is a world top 100 university and a member of the prestigious Russell Group. It has an established history of excellence in education and research in the following fields: Arts and Law; Engineering and Physical Sciences; Life and Environmental Sciences; Medical and Dental Sciences; and Social Sciences. Students from all around the world come to the University of Birmingham to receive an education of the highest quality that will broaden their horizons and prepare them for a successful career and bright future.
Along with an array of direct-entry undergraduate programs, the University of Birmingham offers foundation pathways that are university-delivered courses that prepare international students for an undergraduate degree at the University of Birmingham. Students will be taught by Birmingham’s world-leading academics, who are experts in their fields, and will help them develop their language and academic skills, as well as subject knowledge, so that students are fully ready for their undergraduate degree.
There are 5 foundation pathways to choose from, all designed to prepare students for their specific degree area and tailored to fit different English language levels:
- Arts, Social Sciences, Business and Law (September start)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences (September and January start)
- Medical, Life and Geo Sciences (September start)
- Medicine and Physiotherapy (September start)
- Social Sciences, Business and Law (January start)
Why University of Birmingham
- Campus: The beautiful and historic 250-acre campus is the perfect home away from home, with one of the largest communities of international students in the UK - over 10,000 students from more than 150 countries!
- Facilities: The university is well-equipped with cutting-edge facilities and one of the UK's largest academic libraries.
- Location: Birmingham is the UK's second largest city, making it a diverse place and fantastic study destination. The city has many parks and open spaces as well as restaurants, bars, shopping, and other recreational activities that offer something for everyone.
- Guaranteed Accommodation: Students in foundation pathways are guaranteed University accommodation during their pathway studies if they apply by the deadline.
- Guaranteed Progression: Students enrolled in a foundation pathway are guaranteed entry to a University of Birmingham undergraduate degree if they pass at the required level with good attendance, and meet progression requirements.
- Teaching and Research Excellence: The University of Birmingham is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and it is highly ranked in the UK and worldwide - Teaching Excellence Framework Gold Rating (TEF 2017), 13th place for UK universities (Complete University Guide, 2021), and 8th in the world (QS World University Rankings, 2021).
- Employment Prospects: University of Birmingham is the UK's #2 most-targeted university by top employers (High Fliers Research, 2020).