UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS BOSTON
The University of Massachusetts Boston, located in America’s most celebrated college city, combines the resources of a major research university and the accessibility of a public institution. Its faculty, research staff, and students foster academic excellence, imagination, and creativity. UMass Boston expects and welcomes divergent views, honoring their commitment to creating global leaders.
The university is dedicated to rigorous critical inquiry and providing a gateway to intellectual discovery. With more than sixty-five courses of study and a prestigious Honors College, UMass Boston gives students access to career opportunities, research projects, and a strong alumni network to set them up for success.
- Location: Located on Boston Harbor, UMass Boston’s picturesque oceanfront campus is only a ten-minute drive from downtown Boston. The Massachusetts capital is home to thirty-five universities and is also an international leader in education, health care, research, tech, and finance.
- Individualized attention: UMass Boston's 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio allows for individualized attention from highly awarded professors.
- Student life: Students at UMass Boston are encouraged to join student organizations, participate in competitive and recreational sports, and explore their creativity. From literary magazines and a nationally recognized radio station to a Model United Nations team, there are plenty of opportunities to make friends, stay active, and build a résumé.
- Research opportunities: UMass Boston’s partnership with the Dana–Farber/Harvard Cancer Center provides opportunities for faculty and students to conduct cancer research in underserved populations. The center—which has received more than $600 million in funding—includes seven academic medical institutions and schools and has a team of more than 1,000 cancer researchers. The Network Information Systems Laboratory’s primary mission is to perform cutting-edge research in emerging areas of computer networking, distributed systems, and information systems.
- Entrepreneurial support: The Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship gives students hands-on experience to create their own companies. Through interactive events and programs, students develop an innovative mindset and test the waters of entrepreneurship.