Bachelor of Applied Science - Electrical and Computer (Direct Entry) - Electrical Engineering (QEC) at Queen's University: Tuition Fee: $54,893.00 CAD / Year (Scholarship Available)
This program is intended for students with an interest in innovation and entrepreneurship who want to enter electrical or computer engineering in first year. The program focuses on developing entrepreneurial skills alongside the technical and professional elements that are the hallmark of Queen’s Engineering.
In the first year of the program students will take broad fundamental courses in math, science, and professional skills supplemented by an entrepreneurial design project specifically designed with for the program's students. At the end of first year students choose between electrical or computer engineering, and develop strong technical fundamentals and skills necessary for innovation including economics and business practices, design and creativity, and teamwork.
- Beginning in first year, students will receive an enriched Electrical and Computer curriculum that builds on Queen’s Engineering’s common first year
- Students will participate in team-based learning that focuses on product development and prototype demonstration
- Students will network with like-minded students and promote their ideas
- Students will receive guidance and support on technical aspects, business models, as well as execution of their innovative ideas
- Students can tailor their education to match their interests and ambitions by selecting from a large variety of courses
- Additionally, students will acquire skills that can be applied to almost any technical field – industrial or academic
Note: Students in this program are also eligible for the Queen’s Undergraduate Internship Program (QUIP) which provides 2nd or 3rd year students with a 12-16 month work experience. The internships are paid, professionally supervised, career-related positions offering students the opportunity to learn about current advances, practices, and technologies in business and industry.