Global Achievement Academy 2 University Integration - Bachelor of Fine Arts - Emerging Media at University of Central Florida: Tuition: $17,000.00 USD/year (Scholarship Available)
- Helps international students transition academically and culturally.
- Prepares students for academic success in U.S. higher learning.
- Provides a firsthand understanding of life on the UCF campus.
- Earns students a minimum of 21 credits in their program.
- Offers additional academic tutoring and English-language support.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Emerging Media allows students to integrate the multiple domains of art, storytelling, and technology. It is designed to:
- Provide a solid foundation in techniques and theory in one focused area of competence
- Provide a broad understanding of related disciplines including arts, humanities, and technology
- Provide extended experience in working in multidisciplinary teams on realistic problems
The program is administered through the School of Visual Arts and Design (SVAD). It is recognized that there are many combinations of courses which meet the needs of individual students. Three tracks - Character Animation, Graphic Design and Experimental Animation - are available.
Character Animation Track
The Character Animation track is a two-year cohort of studies designed to prepare students for careers as animators, modelers, riggers, or texture artists in the film or computer game industries. A portfolio review is mandatory to apply for entering into this track after the sophomore year.
Graphic Design Track
The Graphic Design track educates students in the art and science of visual communication, stressing the professional aspects of design. Students combine technology with aesthetics in the production of typographic and publication design, identity systems, packaging, film and broadcast graphics, posters, interactive and web design. A Graphic Design Portfolio review is mandatory to apply for entering into this track after the sophomore year.
Experimental Animation Track
The Experimental Animation track encourages students to explore expression through innovative and hybrid analog and digital methodology: we approach animation from an artistic, individualized point of view. In the major, students engage in classic, current, and widely varied techniques and mediums making moving images which may be narrative or non-narrative. By graduation, each student has developed a unique creative vision which culminates in the completion of a B.F.A. thesis project and exhibition/screening. A Studio Art Portfolio review is mandatory to apply for entering into this track after the sophomore year.
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Grade 12 / High School
- Min GPA: 63.0%
- English Proficiency Requirements:
For direct admission, applicant must be from an English speaking country or meet either of the following English test scores: This program does NOT offer conditional admission
- Health Insurance Fee: $2,923 per year
** All fees are subject to change without notice