International Direct - Bachelor of Arts - Architectural Studies at University of Illinois at Chicago: Tuition: $30,900.00 USD/year (Scholarship Available)
International direct admission to UIC Global is for international students with advanced English-language skills. It focuses on academic, cultural, and professional growth so you can excel in school—and prepare for a successful future.
As an international direct student at UIC Global, you’ll receive:
- Exclusive and rigorous academic coursework
- Priority access to in-demand courses that fit your interests
- Guidance from academic advisors and mentors
- Career development and networking opportunities
- Intensive classes with domestic students
The Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies is an upper-level undergraduate major that uses architecture and related design practices as a lens through which to understand the history of ideas and cultural invention. Moreover, it exposes students to the synthetic environment of the design studio, providing an introductory experience that some students may wish to pursue later in graduate education. In addition to the understanding of contemporary architecture culture provided by the program’s theory and history courses, students will gain design experience in two introductory studio courses, and thus have greater appreciation for the work and synthetic problem-solving methods that comprises design.
The Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Studies program is designed to provide graduating students with everything they would need to prepare an application that would be favorably received by three year Master of Architecture (MArch) programs such as that offered by UIC. Graduates who do not choose to continue into a professional degree program may work in related architectural careers or apply for advanced degrees in landscape architecture, graphic or industrial design, urban design and planning, law, public policy, history/theory of architecture, or business.
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Grade 12 / High School
- Min GPA: 80.0%
- English Proficiency Requirements:
For direct admission, applicant must be from an English speaking country or meet either of the following English test scores: This program does NOT offer conditional admission
- Health Insurance Fee: $1,140 per year
- Student Fees: $2,038 per year
- Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment Fee: $452 per year
- Library and Information Technology Assessment Fee: $294 per year
** All fees are subject to change without notice