International Direct - Bachelor of Arts - Anthropology at University of Illinois at Chicago: Tuition: $30,900.00 USD/year (Scholarship Available)
International direct admission to UIC Global is for international students with advanced English-language skills. It focuses on academic, cultural, and professional growth so you can excel in school—and prepare for a successful future.
As an international direct student at UIC Global, you’ll receive:
- Exclusive and rigorous academic coursework
- Priority access to in-demand courses that fit your interests
- Guidance from academic advisors and mentors
- Career development and networking opportunities
- Intensive classes with domestic students
Anthropology is the study of human cultural and biological diversity across time and space. As the economy and workforce in the 21st century is becoming increasingly international, anthropology provides especially important training. It is the only discipline that approaches human questions holistically, using a combination of historical, biological, linguistic, and cultural perspectives. It provides the skills to understand complex social issues, their causes, and potential solutions. Students trained in anthropology have the analytical and methodological tools to apply their knowledge of human diversity to real world problems.
Anthropology majors at UIC enjoy a small-school experience in a large, urban, research university. With few exceptions, our undergraduate courses are taught by UIC faculty. Large introductory courses generally include a smaller weekly discussion component led by teaching assistants. Advanced courses for majors can be as small as 10-12 students. The faculty is composed of leading researchers and award-winning teachers. UIC Anthropology undergraduates are known for presenting papers and research results at local and national meetings. Our students have also won Fulbrights and other prestigious awards.
- Minimum Level of Education Required: Grade 12 / High School
- Min GPA: 80.0%
- English Proficiency Requirements:
For direct admission, applicant must be from an English speaking country or meet either of the following English test scores: This program does NOT offer conditional admission
- Health Insurance Fee: $1,140 per year
- Student Fees: $2,038 per year
- Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment Fee: $452 per year
- Library and Information Technology Assessment Fee: $294 per year
** All fees are subject to change without notice